Please be advised, DECS no longer plots posters for non-Engineering departments or organizations.
Points to Keep in Mind When Designing Posters
- Standard jobs cannot be plotted larger than 42" x 54". If your poster will be laminated, the poster cannot be plotted larger than 42" x 52". Please see a DECS employee if larger plotting is necessary.
- If a poster will be laminated, a minimum 0.25" laminate border will be left around the poster. If your poster must fit in specific dimensions, please keep this in mind as trimming the laminate close to the poster can lead to peeling and other undesirable results.
- DECS has a large paper cutter that accommodates pages up to 54" in length. Posters longer than 54" will be cut manually with scissors by the user, and an additional fee for materials may be assessed.
- Please allow enough time for plotting or you may not be able to pick up your request until the following work day. Hi-res photos or transparent or gradient backgrounds take significantly longer to plot.
- Cost of plotting (putting ink to paper): 200 pages of EGR print quota or $10; payable by CashNet or department account number with faculty/staff approval (see below). Posters that do not support coursework, research, or EGR programs may not be paid for with print quota.
- Lamination: $20--print quota is not accepted as payment
Account numbers must include additional authorization on our form if the poster is submitted by any student. Engineering faculty or staff submitting posters do not need to include an additional approval email.
Sending a File to the Plotter
DECS Support Office staff will send the file to the plotter. Files cannot be sent to the plotters directly by users. Users can submit their posters using the online form.