Work with Us at DECS
DECS provides IT services and support for the faculty, staff, students, and guests of the College of Engineering at Michigan State University. To learn more about DECS, see our About DECS page.
Our department is made up of a group of highly-skilled full time staff and undergraduate students. Our department's success depends extensively upon the quality of our employees. If you are a highly motivated individual desiring work in a modern, fast-paced and evolving IT department, see below for more information about possible job opportunities.
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.
MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Full-Time Employee Positions
There are currently no positions available.
Student Employee Positions
The Division of Engineering Computing Services (DECS) is looking for highly-motivated customer service oriented students to help run our Support Office. Applicants must be reliable, willing to work independently and in a group environment, and possess favorable communication skills. Students must be willing to work 15 hours per week during the spring and fall semesters, with up to 40 hours available during the summer semester.
Job requirements include:
- prior computer troubleshooting experience
- proficiency in Windows 7/8.1/10 and PC hardware troubleshooting
- ability to name and identify computer components
- experience with Mac OSX, Linux/UNIX and computer networking is preferable
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- installing and troubleshooting computers, peripheral hardware, printers, software and network equipment
- staffing the user help desk and answering phones
- poster printing and lamination
- 3D printing
Send resume, reference and class schedule to: firstname.lastname@example.org