Printing in engineering public labs is regulated by quotas. Each user receives 600 pages per semester; any unused portion of these 600 pages does not roll over to the next semester. A user can purchase additional quota in increments of 100 pages. Any unused quota purchased by the user will roll over to the next semester. A user can purchase print quota one of two ways:
- Purchase engineering print quota from the DECS Support office (1325 EB) for $5.00 per 100 pages increments. DECS can accept cash and check.
- Use the online form to charge the additional print quota to an MSU department account number ($5.00 per 100 pages).
Please direct questions regarding the DECS print quota policy to email@example.com
How Do I Check My Print Quota?
- Check your quota at My Account
Ways to Reduce Your Printing
- Print Preview - After selecting the printer, but before printing, use the Print Preview option to see what your document will look like. This is good for both color and black and white printing.
- Double-sided (duplex) printing - Each page printed is only decremented 3/4 of a page (rounded down to the nearest integer). i.e. A two page document will fit on one page, so your quota will be decremented one and one half pages. All DECS lab printers will default to printing double-sided.
- Pages per Sheet - This option is available when printing in the DECS labs under Print > Properties > Layout. It is a drop-down box. Two pages per sheet is easy to read for almost any text.
Which Printers Decrement Quota?
* Print quota gets decremented 5 pages for each sheet printed. Double-sided printing discounts do not apply to color printers.
When Do Print Quotas Get Reset?
Every semester, at slightly past 12:00am of the day that classes begin.