Steps for Network Bouncer Registration
The following procedure can be used to register any device on the EGR network.
Please read the procedure and make sure you understand it completely before continuing. Contact the DECS Support Office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Verify that you have the appropriate network cables, cards, wireless capability, etc.
- Verify your system(s) network settings. Make sure each system is configured to use DHCP (the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol). See How to Switch a Computer to Use DHCP for instructions on switching to DHCP for several operating systems.
- Connect your device to the EGR network by enabling the wireless connection or connect your computer to a wall jack with an Ethernet cable.
- Once connected to an EGR network, open a web browser. You should be be redirected to Network Bouncer that will walk you through the rest of the registration process. If you aren't redirected please try accessing the website manually at 184.108.40.206 or https://tiny.egr.msu.edu/index.html
During the registration process, you will be given the option to register in one of four ways:
1. Registering with an EGR NetID
Best used for long term use by members of the engineering community.
Prerequisite: You must have a valid EGR NetID and password.
2. Registering with a MSU NetID
Used for members of the larger MSU community, but without an EGR NetID.
Prerequisite: You must have a valid MSU NetID and password.
3. Sponsored Registration
Visitors to engineering that have a staff or faculty member sponsor can register their devices on the engineering network without an EGR or MSU NetID
Prerequisite: You must know the email of your sponsor.
4. Guest Registration
Use this method if all you can provide is your own email address (no EGR or MSU NetID nor a sponsor).
Prerequisite: You must have a valid email address.
After a successful registration, a system reboot will allow a working IP address to be assigned.
If you need assistance or have questions, please contact the Support Office.