1. Launch Outlook. When the Startup Wizard opens, click Next. If the Startup Wizard does not start automatically, click File > Info > Add Account to start it.
2. To set up your email account through Outlook, select Yes and click Next.
3. Check the Manual setup or additional server types checkbox (located in the lower left hand corner in the screenshot below) and click Next.
4. Check the POP or IMAP checkbox and click Next.
5. Fill in your user information as pictured below. Account type should be set to "IMAP". Incoming and outgoing servers are mail.egr.msu.edu. Username and password are your Engineering credentials. Click More Settings.
6. Under the Outgoing Server tab, the checkbox for My outgoing server... should be checked, with Use same settings... selected.
7. Under the Advanced tab, the Incoming Server should be set to port 993 with SSL, and Outgoing Server set to port 587 with TLS.
8. Click OK and then Next. Your email account setup is now complete and you should see a window Test Account Settings confirming the email setup.