- In Windows 7, click the start button, right-click on Computer and select Map a Network Drive.
- Change the Drive: and Folder: to match the drive and folder you want to map (see below for folder paths). This picture shows an example for mapping the "M:" drive:
- Click the Finish button to close the window and finish the operation. If you are prompted for a username and password, you will need to add EGR\ to the beginning of your username. The drive will now open in a window of its own and appear under My Computer.
Drive Specific Instructions
- M: Home
- Drive: M:
- Folder: \\filer1.egr.msu.edu\username
- O: Office
- Drive: O:
- Folder: \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-*department*\*department* (*department* is the common abbreviation for your department; examples below)
The following paths are case sensitive.
ECE \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-ece\ECE CEE \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-cee\CEE ME \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-me\ME CMSC \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-chems\CMSC DER \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-dean\DER NCPP \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-cee\NCPP Publications \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-dean\PUBS EGR DEV \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-dev\EGRDEV UGS \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-ugs\UGS Recruitment \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-ugs\Recruitment K-12 Outreach \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-ugs\Recruitment\K-12Outreach DPO \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\office-ugs\DPO
- R: Research
- Drive: R:
- Folder: \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\research
- Drive: T:
- Folder: \\cifs.egr.msu.edu\
- W: Web
- Drive: W:
- Folder: \\filer1.egr.msu.edu\web
NOTE: The drive letter is simply a recommendation. It can be any drive you choose if the suggested drive letter is currently in use.