Contributed Book Chapters (INCOMPLETE LIST)
Following is the list of book-chapters contributed by Prof. Kalyanmoy Deb and KanGAL members.
- Deb, K. and Chaudhuri, S. (in press). Automated discovery of innovative designs of mechanical components using evolutionary multi-objective algorithms. In N. Nedjah and L. Mourelle (eds.) Evolutionary Machine Design: Methodology & Applications, Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers.
- Deb, K., Thiele, L., Laumanns, M. and Zitzler, E. (in press). Scalable test problems for evolutionary multi-objective optimization. In A. Abraham, L. Jain and R. Goldberg (eds.) Evolutionary Computation Based Multi-Criteria Optimization: Theoretical Advances and Applications under the book series `Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing', London, UK: Springer-Verlag.
- Deb, K. and Jain, S. (2004). Evaluating evolutionary multi-objective optimization algorithms using running performance metrics. In K. C. Tan, M. H. Lim, X. Yao, and L. Wang (eds.) Recent Advances in Simulated Evolution and Learning, Singapore: World Scientific Publishers, pages 307-326.
- Deb, K. (2004). Genetic algorithms for optimization. In D. Kundu and A. Basu (eds.) Statistical Computing: Existing Methods and Recent Developments. New Delhi, India: Narosa Publishing House, pages 85-123.
- Branke, J. and Deb, K. (2004). Integrating user preferences into evolutionary multi-objective optimization. In Y. Jin (ed.) Knowledge Incorporation in Evolutionary Computation under the book series on `Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing, Vol. 167', Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag, pages 461-477.
- Deb, K. (2003). An introduction to genetic algorithms for engineering optimization. In G. C. Onwubolu and B. V. Babu (eds.) New Optimization Techniques in Engineering (NOTIE), Springer.
- Corne, D.W., Deb, K., Fleming, P.J., Knowles, J.D. (2003). The Good of the Many Outweights the Good of the One: Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization, IEEE Newsletter: coNNectionS, 1(1), pages 9-13.
- Deb, K. (2003). Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms: Introducing bias among Pareto-optimal solutions. In A. Ghosh and S. Tsutsui (Eds.) Advances in Evolutionary Computing: Theory and Applications, Chapter 10. London: Springer-Verlag. pages 263-292.
- Deb, K. and Goel, T. (2002). Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms for engineering shape design. In R. Sarker, M. Mohammadian and X. Yao (Eds.) Evolutionary Optimization, Kluwer Academic Press. 147-175.
- Deb, K. (2000). Multi-objective evolutionary optimization: Past, present and future. In I. C. Parmee (ed.) Evolutionary Design and Manufacture, London: Springer, (pp. 225-236).
- Deb, K. (1999). Genetic algorithms. In John G. Webster (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 8. New York: Wiley, (pp. 308-320).
- Deb, K. (1997). Mechanical component design using genetic algorithms. Evolutionary algorithms in engineering applications (Eds. Dipankar Dasgupta and Z. Michalewicz) New York: Springer-Verlag (pp. 495-512)
- Deb, K. (1996). Genetic algorithms for function optimization. Genetic algorithms and Soft Computing. (Eds. F. Herrera and J. L. Verdegay) Physica-Verlag (pp. 3-29)