1. G. Zhu and K. Moran, Ionization Detector with Ignition Coil Inductance Shorting, August, 2018.
2. G. Zhu, X. Tan, and D. Hung, Electroactive polymer-based flow sensor and methods related thereto,US Patent 9903788, February, 2018.
3. C. F. Daniels, G. Zhu, W. C. Mammem, M. Zhang, Virtual flex fuel sensor for spark ignition engines using ionization signal,US Patent 7921704, April, 2011.
4. T. T. Pattantyus and G. Zhu, Detecting ionization signal for HCCI engines using a dual gain and dual bias voltage circuit,US Patent 7818998, October, 2010.
5. Q. Song, G. Zhu, and J. Tsai, Control system for an engine aftertreatment system,US Patent 7784272, August, 2010.
6. D. L.S. Hung and G. Zhu, Multi-fuel multi-injection system for an internal combustion engine,US Patent 7712451, May, 2010.
7. G. Zhu and R. Pursifull, System and method of selecting data content of ionization signal,US Patent 7690352, May, 2010.
8. R. Pursifull and G. Zhu, System and method for pre-processing ionization signal to include enhanced knock information,US Patent 7472687, January, 2009.
9. G. Zhu and R. Pursifull, Adaptive ignition dwell based on ionization feedback,” US Patent 7318411, June, 2008.
10. K. D. Moran, G. Zhu, and M. Nation, Ignition coil driver device with slew-rate limited dwell turn-on,US Patent 7293554, November, 2007.
11. G. Zhu, C. F. Daniels, and K. D. Moran, Method and system of estimating MBT timing using in-cylinder ionization signal,US Patent 7290442, November, 2007.
12. G. Zhu and K.D. Moran, Methods of diagnosing open-secondary winding of an ignition coil using the ionization current signal,US Patent 7251571, July, 2007.
13. C. F. Daniels, I. Haskara, and G. Zhu, System and method of controlling engine dilution rate using combustion stability measurer derived from the ionization signal,US Patent 7213573, May, 2007.
14. G. Zhu and K. D. Moran, Low cost circuit for IC engine diagnostics using ionization current signal,US Patent 7197913, April, 2007.
15. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, Optimal wide open throttle air/fuel ratio control,US Patent 7137382, November, 2006.
16. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, Ignition diagnosis and combustion feedback control system using an ionization signal,US Patent 7134423, November, 2006.
17. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, Closed loop cold start retard spark control using ionization feedback,US Patent 7104043, September, 2006.
18. C. F. Daniels and G. Zhu, Robust multi-criteria MBT timing estimation using ionization signal,US Patent 7086382, August, 2006.
19. G. J. Huberts, M. T. Nation, G. Zhu, K. D. Moran, B. Wang, and K. L. Gould, Device for reducing the part count and package size of an in-cylinder ionization detection system by integrating the ionization detection circuit and ignition coil driver into a single package,US Patent 7063079, June, 2006.
20. C. F. Daniels, G. Zhu, M. Breton, and M. T. Nation, Method of detecting cylinder ID using in-cylinder ionization for spark detection following partial coil charging,US Patent 7055372, June, 2006.
21. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, Closed loop individual cylinder A/F ratio balancing,US Patent 7021287, April, 2006.
22. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, Closed loop MBT timing control using ionization feedback,US Patent 7013871, March, 2006.
23. G. Zhu and K. D. Moran, Device to provide a regulated power supply for in-cylinder ionization detection by using the ignition coil fly back energy and two-stage regulation,US Patent 7005855, February, 2006.
24. C. F. Daniels, G. Zhu, B. Wang, and K. L. Gould, Ignition diagnosis using ionization signal,US Patent 6998846, February, 2006.
25. C. F. Daniels and G. Zhu, Exhaust gas control using a spark plug ionization signal,US Patent 6980903, December, 2005.
26. I. Haskara and G. Zhu, System for engine retard limit control,US Patent 6955157, October, 2005.
27. G. Zhu, B. Wang, K. L. Gould, Circuit for measuring ionization current in a combustion chamber of an internal combustion engine,US Patent 6954074, October, 2005.
28. G. Zhu, M. T. Nation, B. Wang, K. L. Gould, K. D. Moran, and G. J. Huberts, Method for reducing pin count of an integrated coil with driver and ionization detection circuit by multiplexing ionization and coil charge current feedback signals,US Patent 6951201, October, 2005.
29. I. Haskara and G. Zhu, System for knock control,US Patent 6945229, September, 2005.
30. G. Zhu and C. F. Daniels, IC engine diagnostic system using the peak and integration ionization current signals,US Patent 6922628, July, 2005.
31. G. Zhu, M. T. Nation, B. Wang, K. L. Gould, G. J. Huberts, and K. D. Moran, Device to provide a regulated power supply for in-cylinder ionization detection by using a charge pump,US Patent 6922057, July, 2005.
32. D. L. Porter, G. J. Huberts, C. Panagus, G. Zhu, M. T. Nation, B. Wang, K. L. Gould, and K. D. Moran, Ignition coil with integrated coil driver and ionization detection circuitry,US Patent 6883509, April, 2005.
33. G. Zhu and A. Gangopadhyay, Adaptive noise suppression system and method,US Patent 6728380, April, 2004.
34. K. D. Moran and G. Zhu, Method for controlling fuel rail pressure,US Patent 6581574, June, 2003.
35. G. Zhu, D. O. Taylor, and T. L. Bailey, Recursive vehicle mass estimation systems,US Patent 6438510, August, 2002.
36. G. Zhu, M. W. Pyclik, E. K. Bradley, and L. J. Brackney, Closed-loop Actuator control system having bumpless gain & anti-windup logic,US Patent 6424906, July, 2002.
37. G. Zhu and A. E. Sisson, Engine speed governor having improved low idle speed stability,US Patent 6202629, March, 2001.
38. C. He, G. Zhu, D. O. Taylor, L. A. Roettgen, M. F. Bares, S. G. Smith, R. D. Johnston, Y. Y. Wang, E. Sweetland, J. A. Rupp, and E. K. Bradley, System and method for diagnosing output power of an internal combustion engine,US Patent 6185996, February, 2001.
39. D. O. Taylor and G. Zhu, Dynamic speed governing of a vehicle,US Patent 6167979, January, 2001.
40. G. Zhu, D. O. Taylor, and T. L. Bailey, Recursive vehicle mass estimation,US Patent 6167357, December, 2000.
41. Y. Y. Wang, P. R. Miller, and G. Zhu, Method and apparatus for estimation of relative cylinder compression balance by crank speed analysis,US Patent 6055852, May, 2000.
42. D. O. Taylor, C. He, E. Sweetland, A. E. Sisson, Y. Y. Wang, E. K. Bradley, G. Zhu, and S. G. Smith, System and method for engine cylinder power diagnosis by cylinder(s) cut-off snap throttle engine acceleration tests,US Patent 6002980, December, 1999.
1. D. L-S. Hung and G. Zhu, Methods of controlling an internal combustion engine including multiple fuels and multiple injectors,(filed in 2009 at US Patent Office).
2. N. Danne, G. Zhu, and M. Dale, Variable primary current for ionization,US Patent Application Publication 2010/0006066, March, 2010.
3. J. Winkelman, G. Zhu, and S. Raman, Method of controlling diesel engine combustion process in a closed loop using ionization feedback,US Patent Application Publication 2006/0162689, July, 2006.
4. G. Zhu, Ionization detection system architecture to minimize PCM pin count,US Patent Application Publication 2005/0028786, February, 2005.