Guest Application for Another Institution

MSU students may attend other institutions as Guest Students or Non-matriculated Students for short periods, either during the regular academic year or in the summer, for the purpose of earning credit for transfer to Michigan State University.

Students planning to attend accredited Michigan institutions should use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application form available below. Students who wish to attend non-Michigan institutions should obtain application forms from the host institution.

A student wishing to take courses at another institution should consult an academic adviser or the online transfer credit equivalency system to assure transferability.

A minimum of 2.0 must be earned in each course in order for the credit to be transferred to Michigan State University.

Michigan State University students beyond sophomore standing may not earn credit in two-year institutions for transfer to Michigan State.

MSU Students who wish to take courses at Lansing Community College do not need to fill out the Uniform Guest Application. Go directly to the LCC application.

Generate your Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application