April 26, 2022
MSU Engineering recognizes 12 students for exceptional service
Twelve undergraduate students in the Michigan State University College of Engineering have been recognized with the coveted Undergraduate Student Service Award for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Students were nominated by a member of the College of Engineering community and further chosen by the student/faculty committee in honor of their outstanding dedication to the college.
Decisions were based on criteria such as involvement in service functions, student organizations, along with the general service to the University and College of Engineering.
“Each awardee had significant involvement in our engineering community by volunteering time and energy into various service activities,” said Amanda Idema, assistant dean of undergraduate studies. “Their exceptional service to the department, college, or university reflects very positively upon the college and speaks highly of their accomplishments as MSU students,” she added.
The 2021-22 Undergraduate Student Service Awards were presented to:
• Alex Seybold, Biosystems Engineering
• Andrew McDonald, Computer Science
• Annaliese Marks, Biosystems Engineering
• Bonnie Stolt, Materials Science & Engineering
• Emily Spranger, Civil Engineering
• Emma Smith, Chemical Engineering
• Gigi Padalec, Computer Science
• Leah Schlesinger, Chemical Engineering
• Maryam Esho, Applied Engineering Science
• Shay Ladd, Chemical Engineering
• Sophie Martin, Computer Science
• Sydney Johnson, Electrical Engineering
Written by Kee-Ri Burkitt, student writer for the College of Engineering.