Oct. 22, 2019
University Distinguished Professor Anil Jain joins board at world’s first artificial intelligence university
A world-renown expert from Michigan State University in pattern recognition, machine learning, computer vision, and biometrics has joined the board of trustees of the world’s first artificial intelligence university.
Anil Jain, University Distinguished Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, was introduced last week in the United Arab Emirates at the opening of Mohammad Bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) in Abu Dhabi.
The university will offer master’s and PhD programs across three specialized fields: machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Joining Jain on the new university’s board of trustees are:
• Sir Michael Brady, MBZUAI's interim president, and professor of oncological imaging at the University of Oxford;
• Andrew Chi-Chih Yao, dean of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences at Tsinghua University, Beijing, China;
• Kai-Fu Lee, technology executive and venture capitalist;
• Daniela Rus, director of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and
• Peng Xiao, chief executive officer of Group 42.
Classes begin in September 2020.
Story and image courtesy of UAE Gulf News.