The College of Engineering was the first college on the MSU campus to establish its own alumni organization. Back in 1959, the 8,000 alumni of the college at that time felt that both the college and its graduates could benefit from a closer working relationship. They wanted an organization designed specifically to meet the needs and interests of engineers. The University Alumni Office sanctioned the college’s proposal and the Engineering Alumni Association, governed by a 32-member board, was officially established on December 3, 1959.
Today, the College of Engineering Alumni Association Board consists of 19 members - engineering graduates who represent a wide diversity of educational backgrounds, industries, and perspectives. Members serve four-year terms and attend two one-and-a-half-day meetings annually. This board is the governing body for the Engineering Alumni Association, a constituent association of the MSU Alumni Association. Individual membership in the MSU Alumni Association is a prerequisite to membership in the Engineering Alumni Association and the Engineering Alumni Association Board.