Thank you for your interest in Michigan State University's College of Engineering! We look forward to your visit. If you have questions or need assistance in scheduling a visit, please call our office at 517-353-7282 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineering Presentations & Tours
This is your opportunity to discover what we have to offer! See a sample of engineering labs, computer labs and other service centers. The tour gives you the chance to talk to current MSU engineering students. Find out first-hand why they chose Michigan State University and what it takes to be a successful engineering student.
Fall Semester presentations and tours begin in October and run through December.
- Prospective Student Presentations will be held on Mondays and Fridays, starting on October 20th
- Juniors and seniors interested in exploring engineering at MSU will learn about engineering majors, the Cornerstone & Residential Experience, resources for academic success, co-ops and internships, research opportunities, study abroad, engineering students clubs, etc.
Spring Semester presentations and tours begin in January and run through April. *Addtional tours will be held on Tuesdays, starting on April 3rd
Admitted Student Presentations will be held on Thursdays, staring on January 11th
This presentation is geared for students that have participated in a previous prospective presentation and that want to learn more about the steps after they have been admitted. It focuses on the transition from high school to a university, housing options, scholarships, tips for academic success, student involvement, etc.
- Prospective Student Presentations will be held Mondays and Fridays *, starting January 12th
- Juniors and seniors interested in exploring engineering at MSU will learn about engineering majors, the Cornerstone & Residential Experience, resources for academic success, co-ops and internships, research opportunities, study abroad, engineering student clubs, etc.
Summer presentations and tours are not available due to the Engineering Summer Camps. However, prospective students are able to attend the Office of Admission's Green and White days where academic information, including an engineering presentation, is given. The program is available in late July. Please be sure to RSVP for this program.
Preview Day is another great opportunity to check out the College of Engineering that is held in early October every year. Meet with professors, tour labortories and see engineering interactive demonstrations, learn about majors and careers, talk with current MSU students, view undergraduate research posters and projects and much more!
Presentations are shown to give a brief overview of the College of Engineering's programs and to offer a good place for questions and answers. Please check in 15 minutes prior to the presentation in room 3540 Engineering Building. The presentation will start promptly at 3:30pm (or 10:00am for certain occasions) with the tour following immediately after. The Presentation and Tour lasts from 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
- Prospective students will meet with personnel from the Office of Recruitment and K-12 Outreach. They will be happy to guide you and answer all your questions. Prospective students do not meet with advisors.
- In order to provide good customer service and personal attention, the tours have a maximum capacity of 30 participants.
- Engineering Presentations & Tours are not offered on the weekends.
- Classroom observations are not offered.
- Transfer students are welcome. Be ready to discuss the transfer process; you can bring a copy of your transcripts.
Scheduling a Presentation and Tour
- Click on the large green button below which will take you to an events calendar.
- Select your desired presentation and tour at least a few of days prior your visit. If the tour is not selectable, it is full. Fill out the registration form.
- After you click the Register button at the bottom of the form, you will immediately receive a confirmation email with information related to the tour you selected.