Apply to be a tutor!
The Diversity Programs Office Guided Learning Center academic tutors are responsible for providing academic one-on-one assistance to students. Tutors provide assistance mainly in the areas of math, science, and engineering courses. Academic tutors have flexibility to work during hours which suit their schedule/availability.
Guided Learning Center tutors are expected to:
- Be proficient in content areas they have agreed to provide support in
- Have earned a 3.0 or better in any relevant course offerings
- Regard students seeking support in a professionalism and amicable manner at all times
- Provide academic assistance, for students seeking a better understanding of course concepts, fundamental skills, and or other study habits
- Adhere to high standards of academic integrity
- Be punctual and present for tutoring session appointments
- Assist with homework tasks, exam preparation, etc.
- Work well in a collaborative environment, with peers and supervisors
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work between 2-15 hours per week (hours are flexible and based on tutor availability)
Rate of Pay:
Undergraduate Students: $10.40/hour
Graduate Students: $25.00/hour
The Guided Learning Center offers paid and volunteer academic assistant positions. Now hiring!
Apply here to become an Academic Assistant.