The Guided Learning Center (GLC) provides one-on-one, appointment-based tutoring for Michigan State University undergraduate engineering students.
Appointment-based tutoring will be offered in-person and virtually during the Fall and Spring semesters. Virtual tutoring sessions will be conducted using a system called GoBoard. All in-person tutoring sessions must take place on MSU campus.
What courses are offered?
- MTH 103A
- MTH 103B
- MTH 114
- MTH 116
- MTH 132
- MTH 133
- MTH 234
- MTH 235
- PHY 231
- PHY 232
- STT 200
- STT 201
- STT 231
- BS 161
- BS 162
- CSE 231
- CEM 141
- CEM 151
- CEM 251
- EC 201
- EC 202
- EC 301
- EC 302
- EC 420
- ECE 201
- ECE 202
- ECE 230
- IBIO 365
What type of support do tutors provide?
- Recurring one-on-one academic support sessions
- Guidance working through homework tasks
- Assistance with developing strategies for understanding concepts and fundamental skills, relevant to course content
- Exam preparation
- Assess, teach, and encourage students throughout the learning process
How do I set-up an appointment?
In order to request a GLC tutoring appointment, you must first go to https://msu.mywconline.net and create an account.
For more detailed instructions on how to create a WCOnline account and navigate the GLC tutor scheduling system, please click here (.pdf).
If you have followed the recommended steps to create an account and are still not able to access the WCOnline scheduling system, please email email@example.com for assistance in activating your account.
Are you offering in-person tutoring sessions?
Yes! Our tutors are available for in-person sessions. All in-person sessions must take place on MSU Campus.
Are you offering virtual tutoring sessions?
Yes! Our tutors are available for virtual sessions. Our virtual sessions take place using the online GoBoard platform.
What is GoBoard? (platform used for all virtual sessions)
GoBoard is a free online tool that combines video conferencing with an interactive canvas, designed to help students collaborate one-on-one, and serve as a tool to facilitate tutoring sessions. Your assigned tutor will create a GoBoard, share the link, and you will be ready to begin! It’s easy and user-friendly!
How do I use GoBoard?
Prior to the start of your scheduled appointment, your assigned GLC tutor will send you an email containing the link to access GoBoard (please note this will come to your MSU email address). We suggest you get on GoBoard a few minutes before the start of your session to ensure your microphone and video are enabled and working properly.
- GoBoard works best when using the Google Chrome internet browser (It is, however, also accessible via the Firefox and Safari browsers)
- You can access GoBoard using a laptop or a tablet internet browser (There is not a GoBoard app at this time).
- GoBoard will NOT work on your cell phone.
- Each GoBoard session is video recorded; this video recording is used only for GLC monitoring. The GLC Tutoring Program Coordinator will occasionally watch the videos as a way to provide feedback to tutors. Videos will NOT be used for other purposes.
- You will be emailed a PDF of your session at the end of each appointment.
- You will be sent a feedback survey to complete the day after each GoBoard session.
- If you have questions or issues using GoBoard you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
You can learn more about how to use GoBoard by reviewing the Go Board User Guide Manual.
Thank you for utilizing the Diversity Programs Office Guided Learning Center Tutoring Services!