This walkthrough was done using screen shots from a Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android Kit-kat (version 4.4.x)
Server information you will need:
Username: Your engineering netID (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password: Your engineering password
Exchange server: zimbra.egr.msu.edu
1. Enter the Settings menu, the icon will be a gear. Open the Accounts tab and select Add account.
2. Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for the account type (Note: on earlier versions of Android this may be called "Corporate" or "Corporate Sync") and select Manual Setup.
3. Input your credrentials and ensure the "exchange server" is set as zimbra.egr.msu.edu. Then check the box next to "Use secure connection (SSL)" and click Next.
3. On this page you will set up the account's sync behavior. The settings displayed in the image below are defautls. You may choose to lengthen the amount of messages/time frame synced.
4. The last page gives you the option to name the account but it is not necessary, click Done to finish. You will now receive notifications from your Zimbra account.