DECS Welcomes You to Our Full-Service Operation
The Division of Engineering Computing Services (DECS) provides information technology services and support for the faculty, staff, students and guests of the College of Engineering at Michigan State University. We are committed to providing innovative technology tools to support the research, instructional, administrative and academic missions of the College.
At DECS, we offer users:
- A Support Office with walk-in, phone or email assistance; hardware repair, ordering, purchasing and set-up; equipment for short or long term checkout; printing services; consultation for new office, research or personal technology purchases; equipment salvage and recycling options; and more!
- Several computing labs and instructional classrooms that provide the option of either a PC or UNIX based system.
- A software glossary containing all software used in engineering classes, along with versions currently deployed in the labs.
- Website, programming and multimedia development and support for a number of popular applications.
- Networking services--including LANS, WANS, wired and wireless--in all Engineering Building and DECS supported remote locations. All locations have a DECS maintained firewall to protect computers from potential internet harm.
- Data and information security policies, tips and alerts.
- Other services offered: RDS (Remote Desktop Services), storage and backups, email, web and database hosting, mobile computing, virtualization and much more!
Walk-in, telephone or email your computing requests or questions to our Support Office or see our Forms section to submit a request.
Most of these services are free of charge with an active engineering account. For those that require payment, we accept department account numbers (with approval) and CashNet.