ME/ECE 859-Nonlinear Systems and Control, Spring 2008
- Please download the final exam.
- The final paper submission is due by 4/30/08 Wednesday 3pm (extended).
- Please send me your electronic verion of the paper (pdf) via email.
- Please turn in your hard copy of the paper at my office by 3pm Wednesday.
- 4/19/08 Saturday 9am: First paper submission.
- 4/19/08 Saturday: I will send you papers to revirew.
- 4/21/08 Monday: Presentors: (Please send me your presentation slides via email by Sunday or Monday 7am)
- 4/23/08 Wednesday: Presentors:
- 4/23/08 Wednesday: Please send me your reviews via email by 5pm.
- No class on 4/25/08 Friday (Design day).
- 4/25/08 Exam 3 will be posted on the web.
- Due date: 4/29/08 Tuesday 10am. Please turn in your exam at my office.
- The final deadline for updating your project website is Monday 3/31-midnight. Reviewers also review your website.
- Please find the paper (reference ) related to the passivity based control.
- The scope of the second exam covers materials from Lecture 14 to Lecture 23 and Lecture 25 (until hw8).
- Please download this sample project page and
fill out title, your name and abstract.Rename this file
using your last name like "project_Choi.html" You can send me
the updated html file along with your current paper in pdf form.
- hw4 is due next Monday and we
have the first mid-term exam on Wednesday (see the schedule). The exam
is open book and open notes.
- The scope is up to hw4 and lecture 13. Please review
notes, hws and associated book chapters. Please review second order
nonlinear systems, Lyapunov theorems and LaSalle's theorem (hw4).
- Please drop by any time for questions.
- hw2 has been posted. When you make
phase portraits, you may want to use tau around 2 and other
rates less than 1 to obtain a good plot.
- Please send your extended abstract (in word or plain text) to me via email. That should contain title and your name.
- A bonus problem has been added to hw1.
- To numerically construct phase portraits for second-order systems, please use ODE Software for Matlab (pplane7.m) written by John
C. Polking, Rice University.
- Mathematical prelimiaries are posted in the lecture notes section.
- The text book is reserved in the engineering library.
Instructor: Jongeun Choi, Assisntant Professor
2459 Engineering Building
East Lansing, MI 48824, Phone: (517)-432-3164
Class schedule: MWF: 9:10-10:00, Room 2320, Engineering Building.
Office hours: M 10:00-11:00 & 13:30-14:30, W 13:30-14:30, 2459 Engineering Building. or You can drop by my office anytime.
Syllabus: pdf file.
to nonlinear phenomena. Second-order systems. Stability of equilibrium
points and Lyapunov stability. Passivity-based control.
Input-state and Input-output stability. Special nonlinear forms.
Stabilization. Robust stabilization. Tracking. Observers. Regulation
via integral control. Applications to electrical and mechanical systems.
Sample course outline and lectures by Prof. Khalil:
H.K. Khalil, Nonlinear Systems, 3rd Ed., Prentice Hall 2002.
are about 11 homework assignments, which will be posted at least a week
before the due date. The lowest two homework grades are dropped.
students will choose a problem with some motivation. This will
serve as a testbed problem throughout the class. Analysis and synthesis
techniques from the class will be applied to the problem. The
abstract, introduction, and results of the topic will be written in a
technical paper format and will be presented in class. See more details in the class syllabus.
Sayyed Rouhollah Jafaritafti
All exams are open book and notes.
Final Exam(comprehensive) 20%