The program is available under both Plan A (with thesis) and Plan B (without thesis).
Requirements for Master of Science Degree in Biosystems Engineering*
Requirements for both Plan A and Plan B
- A total of 30 credits in 400 and 800 level courses. At least 20 of the 30 credits must be at the 800 level.
- BE 815, BE 820, BE 835, and BE 892.
Additional Requirements for Plan A
- Complete at least 6 (and no more than 8) credits of the 30 credit total requirement with BE 899 (Master's Thesis Research) credits.
- Pass a final oral examination over the written thesis.
- Provide to the major professor, and to the department, a copy of the thesis.
- Provide to the major professor a manuscript (based on the MS thesis) suitable for submission to a refereed journal for publication.
Additional Requirement for Plan B
- The student must pass an examination over the course work and project in the student's approved graduate program.
- Provide to the department a bound report on the graduate program.
*Consult the BE Graduate Handbook for additional details.