The College of Engineering was the first college on the MSU campus to establish its own alumni organization. Back in 1959, the 8,000 alumni of the college at that time felt that both the college and its graduates could benefit from a closer working relationship. They wanted an organization designed specifically to meet the needs and interests of engineers. The University Alumni Office sanctioned the college’s proposal and the Engineering Alumni Association, governed by a 32-member board, was officially established on December 3, 1959.
Today, the College of Engineering Alumni Association Board consists of 24 members - who represent a wide diversity of educational backgrounds, industries, and perspectives. Members serve four-year terms and attend two one-and-a-half-day meetings annually.