2023-24 Engineering applications are currently CLOSED!
Scholarships will be issued in late Spring/Early Summer.
Applications will open up in late November for 2024-25.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com
All scholarships are contingent upon eligibility and continuing availability of funds.
There is no special form or application process for incoming first-year and transfer students. Your MSU application information will be used to determine scholarship eligibility. Scholarships are typically awarded during the first two weeks of April.
Returning students, including current first-year students, who wish to be considered for general or discipline-based engineering scholarships must complete the scholarship application available at https://scholarships.msu.edu/. Students must fill out and submit both the general and college of engineering applications to be considered for engineering scholarships. Also, Please submit a FAFSA even if you think your income exceeds the limits it is best to apply.
The following guidelines govern the scholarship selection process:
- Academic excellence is the primary criterion, but financial need is considered for some awards. Other awards are based on extracurricular activities, community service, co-op and other work experience, membership in professional and honor societies, career interests, and other relevant information. The one-page resume that you attach to your application should reflect these accomplishments.
- Applicants must be full-time students, taking a minimum of 12 credits during the semester(s) in which the scholarship will be awarded.
- You must be already admitted to the college of engineering or have a Combination GPA https://www.egr.msu.edu/academics/undergraduate/admission-engineering generally requires a minimum GPA of 3.0
- New students must have completed a minimum of 12 credits at MSU at the end of the Fall Semester.
- Scholarships are generally not awarded for an internship or co-op semester.
The following faculty members represent their departments on the Undergraduate Awards and Financial Aid Committee. This committee meets at the end of the spring semester to determine scholarship awards and allocate funds for the upcoming academic year. Students will be notified of the outcome of the status of their applications by July.
Any questions regarding your scholarships please email our scholarship team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Bernadette Friedrich - Chairperson
Jason Smith - Applied Engineering Sciences
Dr. Luke Reese - Biosystems & Agricultural Engineering
Dr. Danny Woldring - Chemical Engineering & Materials Science
Dr. Ali Zockaie - Civil & Environmental Engineering
Dr. Charles Owen - Computer Science & Engineering
Dr. Shanelle Foster - Electrical & Computer Engineering
Dr. Patton Allison - Mechanical Engineering