I will join the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Colorado State University as a tenure track Assistant Professor in Fall, 2015. I have two immediate openings for graduate research assistants towards PhD Degree with full financial aid, including tuition and monthly stipend. I am looking for someone to perform research in areas of robotics, controls, mechanical design, embedded systems, mechatronic systems, dynamic systems, or advanced manufacturing. Those who are interested please direct contact me at jguozhao at gmail.com. Please attach your resume in PDF format. The basic requirements for admission to the department can be found here: http://www.engr.colostate.edu/me/pages/graduate/applying.html
I am doing research in robotics and control. My research interests include:
- nanoscale motion control,
- compressive sensing,
- cyber-physical systems,
Address: B312, Engineering Building, East Lansing, 48824, MI, USA
Email: jguozhao at gmail.com
- April, 2015: Won the first prize of Fitch H. Beach Award, which is the highest honor among all the graduating PhD students in the College of Engineering.
- Feb, 2015: Our tailbot paper is accepted to IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics.
- 09/12,2014: Our paper with the title “Non-vector Space Stochastic Control for Nano Robotic Manipulations” is selected as one of the finalists for the best student paper in IROS 2014.
- 01/11,2014: Our paper with the title “Non-vector Space Approach for Nanoscale Motion Control” is accepted to IFAC journal Automatica.
- 06/30/2013: One paper about our “Tail assisted running and jumping robot with aerial maneuvering capability” is accepted to IROS 2013 to be held in Tokyo, Japan.
- 02/20/2013: Our poster “A tail assisted running and jumping robot” won the second place in the 2012 Engineering Graduate Research Symposium of Michigan State University.
- 01/29/2013: Our journal paper “MSU Jumper: A Single Motor Actuated Miniature Steerable Jumping Robot” is accepted to the IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
- 08/14/2012: Our miniature jumping robot won the second place in the graduate robotics division of the 2012 ASME Student Mechanism & Robot Design Competition.
- 07/02/2012: Our video submission for the jumping robot is accepted to the 2012 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- 04/19/2012: Our miniature jumping robot is featured in MSU news: More bounce to the ounce: Mini-robot attracts attention.
- 04/16/2012: One paper with the title ”Visual Servoing Using Non-vector Space Control Theory” is accepted to the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM 2012) to be held on July 11-14, 2012 at Ambassador Hotel Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- 04/11/2012: Our miniature jumping robot is highlighted in the State News: Event highlights MSU innovation.