- Prof. Deb received TWAS Prize in Engineering Sciences from The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS) in its 24th General Meeting held at Buenos Aires, Argentina on 1 October 2013.<\li>
- Prof. Deb received Wiley Practice Prize from International Soecity on Multi-Criterion Decision Mak ing (MCDM) along with his collaborators Prof. Erik Goodman (MSU) and Dr. Ollie Chikumboo (Scion, NZ) for their recent land use management study of a Maori farmland in New Zealand.
- International Multiple Criterion Decision Making (MCDM) Society confers the 2008 'MCDM Edgeworth-Pareto Award' to Prof. Deb.
- Dr. Kalyanmoy Deb is one of the five recipients of the `Thomson Citation Laureate Award', an award given to an Indian Researcher for making most highly cited research contribution during 1996-2005 in a particular discipline according to ISI Web of Science. Click here for a press release by Thomson Scientific and here for some newspaper reports.
- Dr. Kalyanmoy Deb has been honoured with the prestigious Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for the year 2005 in Engineering Sciences. Click here and here for more information.
- The IEEE TEC paper describing NSGA-II for multi-objective optimization is judged as the FAST-BREAKING PAPER IN ENGINEERING by Web of Science (ESI) in February 2004
Prof. Deb has moved to Michigan State University in USA and established Computational Optimization and Innovation (COIN) Laboratory which specializes in solving different optimization problems.