Associate ProfessorDepartment of Mechanical Engineering (Primary appointment)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
MSU Center for Orthopedic Research
Michigan State University
Mailing address: Michigan State University
Department of Mechanical Engineering
428 S. Shaw Lane, Room 3259
East Lansing, MI 48824
E-mail: jchoi at egr dot msu dot edu
Jongeun Choi received his Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley in 2006 and 2002 respectively. He also received a B.S. degree in Mechanical Design and Production Engineering from Yonsei University at Seoul, Republic of Korea in 1998. He is currently an Associate Professor with the Departments of Mechanical Engineering and Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Michigan State University. His current research interests include systems and control, system identification, and Bayesian methods, with applications to mobile robotic sensors, environmental adaptive sampling, engine control, human motor control systems, and biomedical problems. He is an Associate Editor for Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control (JDSMC). He co-organized a special issue on Stochastic Models, Control, and Algorithms in Robotics in JDSMC and served as its co-editor during 2014-2015. His papers were finalists for the Best Student Paper Award at the 24th American Control Conference (ACC) 2005 and the Dynamic System and Control Conference (DSCC) 2011 and 2012. He is a recipient of an NSF CAREER Award in 2009. Dr. Choi is a member of ASME and IEEE.
News (read more)
- Best Conference Paper Award for the papper entitled "Feedback Control of Three-Bead Achiral Robotic Microswimmers," by U Kei Cheang, Hoyeon Kim, Dejan Milutinovic, Jongeun Choi, Louis Rogowski, and Min Jun Kim at the 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI), Goyang city, Korea October 28~30, 2015.
- A new book by Yunfei Xu, Jongeun Choi, Sarat Dass, and Tapabrata Maiti, entitled “Bayesian Prediction and Adaptive Sampling Algorithms for Mobile Sensor Networks,” is now published, SpringerBriefs in Control, Automation and Robotics, Springer, 2015.
- Now we are looking for a postdoc who has experties in nonlinear FEM, FSI, parallel computing, and Bayesian calibration of growth and remodeling processes.
- Now we are looking for volunteers for our clinical study!
- Connor Boss join our group as a Ph.D. student summer 2015!
- Martin Cody Priess received his Ph.D. degree, Fall 2015. Many Congrats!
- Profs. Milutinovic and Choi are co-organized a Special Issue on Stochastic Models, Control, and Algorithms in Robotics in Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control.
- Read the editorial to see the special issue papers published.
- A new book: “Linear Parameter-Varying Control for Engineering Applications,” by Andrew White, Guoming Zhu and Jongeun Choi, SpringerBriefs in Control, Automation and Robotics, Springer, ISBN 978-1-4471-5039-8, 2013.
- Prof. Choi serves as an Associate Editor for Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control from January 1, 2013.
- ME/ECE 851 Linear Systems and Control:
- ME/ECE 859 Nonlinear Systems and Control:
- Spring 2014 http://www.egr.msu.edu/classes/me859/jchoi/2014/
- ME 451 Control Systems:
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2014
- Fall 2013, Spring 2012, Fall 2011, Spring 2011, Spring 2010, Fall 2008, and Spring 2007.
- ME 451 Control Systems-Lab:
- Spring 2016.
- Fall and Spring 2014 and 2015.
- ME481 Capstone design project, a faculty advisor for a capstone design team (a group of four senior undergraduate students)
- Spring 2009 "Development of an autonomous robotic fish-based sensor to detect Harmeful Algal Blooms (HABs)".
- Fall 2006.