WOMEN IN ENGINEERING Events for K-12th Grade
Introduce a Girl to Engineering (IGE) Day
Saturday February 25, 2017
- Who: 4th -8th graders (Students must attend with a chaperone, 1 chaperone to 5 student maximum)
- What: Attendees will get the opportunity to rotate through 5 different hands-on Engineering activities led by students, graduate students, and faculty. The format will be similar to an Open House. You get to pick what you want to see!
- Activities tentatively include: Scratch programming, Biometrics, Solar Energy, Single crystals in nature and technology, Human-to-human neural interfacing, Building a circuit, Building a wind turbine, Environmental waterway recovery, Biomedical hand, Intro to soft robotics, Building atomic structures on computers, etc.
- When: Check-in 12:30-1:00pm (1345 Engineering Building)
- Program: 1:00-4:00pm
- Where: Activities will take place in the MSU Engineering and Anthony Hall buildings
- Cost: FREE
- Sponsored by Ford Motor Co.
- Register Here
Registration is required. Registration Deadline is Feb. 1, 2017 or until maximum capacity is reached.
For questions or concerns contact us via email or phone:
Phone: (517) 432-1273
E-mail: WIE-Outreach@egr.msu.edu, Subject: Introduce a Girl to Engineering