What are the qualifications for getting into the College of Engineering?
To be admitted, you must have the following core courses completed:
- MTH 132 and MTH 133. Students have a minimum 2.0 grade point average or higher in all mathematics courses completed at the time of admission (this does not include MTH 1825)
- Chemisry 141 or 151, except for Computer science majors
- Physics 183 or 183B
- Engineering 100 and Engineering 102. Students in Computer Engineering and Computer Science are required to take EGR 100 only.
- Computer Science 231 for Computer Engineering and Computer Science majors only.
And you must achieve the necessary GPA requirements:
- There are specific GPA requirements that you need to meet for admission to each Engineering program. Admission is based on a combined cumulative/technical grade point average calculation, please click here for more information.
- Students attaining the required GPAs are guaranteed admission. In certain majors, additional students may be considered for admission, on a space available basis.
- The average combined cumulative/technical GPA required for upper school admission to each degree program changes from year to year depending on the demand for that program.