AES Job Description
What does the Applied Engineering Sciences program involve?
Applied Engineering Sciences (AES) major is an undergraduate interdisciplinary program that combines scientific and technical coursework with a required concentration resulting in a Bachelor of Science degree awarded by the College of Engineering. The major provides educational opportunities for students who wish to gain a broad foundation in the engineering science, core engineering disciplines, and their application to one of the required concentrations in Computer Science, Supply Chain Management, Technical Sales, or Telecommunications. On a space-available basis, an Information Technology specialization can be combined with either of the two cognates.
The program is designed to develop individuals who:
- Bring to the workplace knowledge of business, management, and logistics, with a solid foundation in calculus, basic sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Can apply the rigor of their education and training to a diverse set of problems
- Are prepared to work in the areas where planning, design, production, and procurement interface with marketing, distribution, sales, and management
- Can effectively communicate across diverse professional disciplines
- Are knowledgeable of contemporary technological and societal issues and can facilitate the effective deployment of new technologies
AES graduates are uniquely qualified to function in a variety of employment settings and bring engineering skills to diverse business settings.
Recent job titles of AES graduates:
- Account Executive
- Application engineer
- Commodity Manager
- Consumer Representative
- Distribution Specialist
- District Sales Engineer
- Expediter/Facilities Engineer
- Financial Analyst/Forecaster
- Industrial Market Analyst
- Logistics Engineer
- Logistical Manager
- Manufacturing Control Engineer
- Materials Control Engineer
- Operations Manager
- Product Engineer
- Project Manager
- Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Application Engineer
- Technical Sales Engineer
- Technical Writer
- Telecommunication Engineer