Academy for Global Engagement Fellowship Program
The College of Engineering and the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at Michigan State University are partnering together to administer the Academy for Global Engagement Fellowship program for early career, tenure-track faculty in both colleges. With the University placing an increased emphasis on its global footprint, we must continuously innovate to provide leadership interested in addressing some of the worlds most pressing problems. The purpose of the Academy is to:
- Build a growing cohort of faculty who both regularly participate in global activities and view their scholarship through a global lens.
- Heighten global awareness and discourse while developing a mindset that considers the international and intercultural context.
- Elevate the status of MSU’s global mission.
- Utilize extensive campus resources in international programming.
- Capitalize on opportunities to leverage external resources and partnerships.
- Over time, to impact development of global priorities and influence high level strategies to address them.
Recruiting will begin in September 2014 for the 2015 cohort.
- The application process will begin with a public announcement including an invitation to apply.
- Applicants will be asked to submit the following materials:
- A current curriculum vitae
- Signatures of support from College Dean and Department Chair
- A letter expressing strong support from an immediate supervisor.
- A one-page statement of interest
- A two-page statement of international research interests that:
- identifies a project goal
- identifies one or more possible international sites
- explains how the project fits into long-term research goals
An application can be downloaded here.
A calendar of events for the year 2014 can be found here.
To learn more, click on the following links: