NATURE OF THE AWARDS TO BE MADE:
- Travel to a scientific/ engineering conference
- Maximum award $500.
- Up to 15 awards will be made annually
ELIGIBILITY: Student must be enrolled in the CEE or ENE program at the graduate level for at least one academic year prior to the submission of the application. The student must be endorsed by a CEE faculty member. Student may receive only one travel grant per degree program.
PRIORITY: In making awards, applications will be ranked as follows:
- Highest priority is given to students who are presenting a paper (approved by the conference organizers) and whose paper is to appear in a conference proceedings. Please attach letter of acceptance. If letter of acceptance is pending, please submit it prior to the travel.
- Priority will be given to Ph.D. students over M.S. students.
- Priority will be given to students attending meetings that are international or national in prominence over those that are regional in scope.
- Priority will be given when matching funds are provided from another funding source or by the faculty advisor unless funding is unavailable (e.g., project is no longer being funded, work was conducted on an unfunded research project, funding agency does not allow for attendance at conferences).
APPLICATION MATERIALS: You may apply using the CEE Graduate Student Travel Grant Form.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: The Graduate Studies Committee will be evaluating applications four times per year. The deadlines for receipt of the application are: Sept. 15, Nov. 15, Feb. 15, May 15.
TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION: Students selected to receive this award must complete a travel authorization before leaving for the conference. Within two weeks after attending the conference, the student must submit the completed travel authorization and receipts to the CEE Secretary in the Main Office or in the RCE Office.