University Distinguished Professor
His research interests include robotics, manufacturing automation, micro/nano manufacturing, nano sensors and devices, and intelligent control and systems.
- "A Scalable Model for Tri-layer Conjugated Polymer Actuator and Experimental Validation", Materials Science and Engineering C: Biomimetic and Supramolecular Systems, April 2007.Co-authored with Yang Fang, XiaoboTan, Yantao Shen.
- "Force Measurement and Mechanical Characterization of Living Drosophila Embryos for Medical Study", Journal of Engineering in Medicine, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part H, Vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 99-112, January 2007. Co-authored with Yantao Shen, UcheC. Wejinya, and Craig A. Pomeroy.
- "Integrated Sensing for Ionic Polymer-Metal Composite Actuators using PVDF Thin Films", Smart Materials and Structures (SMS), Vol. 16, no.2, pp. S262-S271, March 2007. Co-authored with Zheng Chen, Yantao Shen, Jason Malinak, and Xiaobo Tan
- "Super-Media Interface for Internet Based Tele-diagnostics of Breast Pathology", TheInternational Journal of Robotics Research (IJRR), Vol. 26, No. 11-12, pp.1235-1250, 2007.Co-authored with Yantao Shen, Nanda Methil-Sudhakaran, Craig A. Pomeroy, R. Mukherjee, and Matt Mutka
Selected Achievements and Awards
- John D. Ryder Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Named IEEE Fellow and 2006 Best Paper Award from the IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering