After Michigan LSAMP - Michigan AGEP
Even as a freshman, it’s not too early to think about graduate school. The Michigan Alliances for Graduate Education and the Professoriate (AGEP) offers a variety of resources and information that you can take advantage of as a undergraduate student.
Alliance for Graduate Education and the Professoriate Program is designed to advance under-represented minority students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), as well as, the social behavioral and economic science programs (SBE). The Michigan AGEP Alliance (MAA) is dedicated to combining resources for graduate education into an effective collaboration that will produce the next generation of innovators and leaders in research and teaching not only in the STEM and SBE disciplines but in our nation and in the world.
The specific objectives of the AGEP program are:
- To develop and implement innovative models for recruiting, mentoring, and retaining minority students in doctoral programs.
- To develop effective strategies for identifying and supporting underrepresented minorities who want to pursue academic careers.
The AGEP program also supports a research effort to identify major factors that promote successful transition of minority students from:
- Undergraduate through graduate study
- Course-taking in the early years of the graduate experience to independent research required for completion of a dissertation
- The academic environment to the workplace
To visit the Michigan AGEP website click on the attached link - Michigan AGEP Alliance website