Guided Learning Center
GLC at a glance
- It’s Free! Costs absolutely nothing for MSU students.
- One-on-one & small group assistance.
- Nightly drop-in available for academic help.
- Assistance available in over 80 Engineering and related courses a semester. If we don’t already have someone to assist you in a course, we’ll find someone!
- Over 200 students per semester utilize the GLC.
The Guided Learning Center (GLC) is a resource for students provided by the Diversity Programs Office in the College of Engineering. The Academic Assistance program is designed to include supplemental instructions for first and second year students as well as for the more demanding and challenging courses in the engineering curriculum. This program is provided for engineering students at no cost.
Staffed by a program coordinator and a team of upper level engineering students from different disciplines, the center’s primary focus is to offer academic assistance to minority engineering students in all engineering majors. Academic assistance focuses on courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry, as well as on many core-engineering courses in all disciplines. The Academic Assistance Program is designed to guide students through courses necessary for graduation, and to help them increase their educational skills and engineering career progress at MSU.
Additional resources provided by the GLC include:
- Video Library
- Video Equipment
- Computers for students to use in viewing instructional videos on mathematics, learning strategies, financial planning, and researching student organizations.
- NEW! Work in Progress (Youtube Calculus Tutorial Videos)
To request Academic Assistance, please print and fill out the request form and hand it in to Room 1108 Engineering Building. Please turn the form in by the third week of classes; exceptions will be made when students are referred by advisors and/or faculty members.
Become an Academic Assistant
Paid and volunteer Academic Assistant positions are available. To apply to become an Academic Assistant, please print and fill out the application form and hand it in to 1108 Engineering Building. Resumes and transcripts are appreciated.