Division of Engineering Research (DER)
The Division of Engineering Research (DER) serves research development and support needs of the College of Engineering. DER focuses on pre-award support (Proposal Processing); the departments provide post-award support. DER services include:
- Budgets, transmittals and other forms for proposals
- Proposal signatures and submission, including NSF fastlane and grants.gov
- Electronic notice of research funding opportunities, distributed weekly
- Sponsorship of a weekly research seminar series ("Tuesday Noontime Seminars")
- Cost-share and start-up funds
- Expenditure and proposal data
- Research facilities oversight and modifications
In addition, DER, through its director, provides support for Technology Transfer and industrial relations, including Testing. Research compliance information for human, animal and export (ITAR and EAR) control issues can be found at the Office of Regulatory Affairs website.
DER staff offices are located on the third floor in the west wing of the Engineering Building (3426-3436). We look forward to assisting you with your research needs.