Yiming Deng is an Associate Professor in the Nondestructive Evaluation
Laboratory of Electrical and Computer Engineering department of the
College of Engineering, Michigan State University,
USA. He is also an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Materials Evaluation,
and RAMS Proceedings. He serves as ad hoc panelist and reviewer for
National Science Foundation (NSF), US Department of Energy (DOE), US
Department of Transportation (DOT), NDSEG Program (US DoD and ASEE) and over 30 scientific journals. He
is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Member of ASNT.
research interests include electromagnetic and acoustic nondestructive
evaluation (NDE), structural health monitoring (SHM) for multi-scale,
multi-resolution, and multi-parameter damage diagnostics and
prognostics, applied electromagnetics, acoustics, and computational
modeling. I am interested in developing novel NDE/SHM actuators and
sensors, sensing systems that involve multi-physics simulations for
understanding imaging physics, and conducting experimental validations
as well as actuators/sensors prototyping for a wide range of
engineering applications to assure defense, critical energy and transportation
infrastructures safety, security, reliability and sustainability.
- Eduation and Background: What I have accompolished before the age of 35
- Research Projects, Grants and Contracts: over $2.4M awarded to Dr. Deng as PI or co-PI (total amount is ~$5.4M)
- Publications: reprints and preprints, 35 journals, over 60 conferences papers/presentations and 2 book chapters (as of August 2017)
- Course Information: Circuits and Systems II (Fall 2017)
- Teaching Interests and Advsing: Great teachers are the reason why students dream to do extraordinary things.
Services: Membership; Editorship; Committee Members and Session
Chairs; Department, College and University-level Service;
Outreach and Community Service, Journal Referee, etc.
- Graduate students and Visiting scholars: If you would like to join NDEL and work with me, please read.
- Undergraduate students and interns:
If you would like to find an exciting and interesting topic for your
capstone/senior design project or summer research internship, please
- Meetings and Schedules
- Miscellaneous Links: Nondestructive Evaluation Laboratory, Google Scholar Citations, Conferences, Curriculum Vitae, etc.
Yiming Deng, Ph.D.
2507 Engineering Building, 428 S. Shaw Lane
Department of Electircal and Computer Engineering
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Office Phone: 517-432-0492
Email: dengyimi AT egr DOT msu DOT edu