DECS Statement on Web Accessibility
The Division of Engineering Computing Services (DECS) has made an effort to make this website--as well as all those we develop--accessible to a broad range of users by compiling with Section I of the Web Accessibility Technical Guidelines (associated with the MSU Web Accessibility Policy), and compatible with screen readers and other assistive technologies.
Basic Principles of Web Accessibility
With reference to MSU's Accessibility guidelines, web pages must do the following to provide equal access to information, materials, programs and services for all users regardless of ability:
- Establish eligibility criteria for technology and Web-based services or participation in programs and activities that will not screen out or tend to screen out qualified individuals with disabilities, unless such limitations are necessary to meet the essential objectives of the program.
- Supply the same or equally effective benefits, services and programs for all users of the Web-based environment.
- Use electronic and information technologies that allow all Web users to have comparable access to and use of information and data.
- Provide all members of the public seeking information or services the same access to and use of information and data.
- Provide alternative programs and services of the World Wide Web for qualified individuals with disabilities only where the alternatives are necessary to make the programs and services equally as effective as those provided to other users.
To ensure a positive user experience, we strive to develop websites that meet or exceed Priority 2 of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). If you have trouble accessing or using a page that we have created or manage, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (517) 355-3817.
For more information, visit these resources: