These instructions are for setting up your engineering e-mail account through Microsoft Outlook 2010. If you use Zimbra for e-mail, please contact the DECS Support Office at firstname.lastname@example.org since separate software is necessary.
If you check your engineering e-mail via Flying Squirrelmail, these instructions are also applicable.
1. Launch Outlook 2010. When the Startup Wizard opens, click Next. If the Startup Wizard does not start automatically, click File > Info > Add Account to start it.
2. To set up your e-mail account through Outlook, select Yes and click Next.
3. Fill in the required information under the E-mail Account section, and click Next to continue.
4. Outlook will auto-configure your e-mail account.
If the setup process did not finish correctly, you can check the manual configuration of the account with the instructions below.
1. To manually configure server settings, check the Manually configure server settings checkbox (located in the lower left hand corner in the above screenshot) and click Next.
2. Fill in your user information; account type should be set to "IMAP". Click More Settings.
3. Under the Outgoing Server tab, the checkbox for My outgoing server... should be checked, with Use same settings... selected.
4. Under the Advanced tab, the Incoming Server should be set to port 993 with SSL, and Outgoing Server set to port 587 with TLS.
5. Click OK and then Finish. Your e-mail account setup is now complete.