Points to Keep in Mind When Designing Posters
- Standard jobs cannot be plotted larger than 42" x 54". If your poster will be laminated, the poster cannot be plotted larger than 42" x 52". Please see a DECS employee if larger plotting is necessary.
- If a poster will be laminated, a minimum 0.25" laminate border will be left around the poster. If your poster must fit in specific dimensions, please keep this in mind as trimming the laminate close to the poster can lead to peeling and other undesirable results.
- Plot jobs will only be accepted up to 30 minutes before closing. Due to the time required to setup and send a print job to the plotter, we are unable to process jobs that are sent with less than 30 minutes left in the work day.
- Please allow enough time for plotting or you may not be able to pick up your plot until the following work day. Hi-res photos or transparent or gradient backgrounds take significantly longer to plot.
- Cost of plotting (putting ink to paper): 200 pages of EGR print quota--not eTokens--or $10; payable by cash, check or department account number with faculty/staff approval (see below)
- Lamination: $20--print quota is not accepted as payment
Non-Engineering Faculty, Staff and Students
- Cost: $30.50; payable by cash, check or department account number with faculty/staff approval (see below)
- Lamination: $20--only available when plotting a poster
Departmental Account Numbers
Account numbers must be accompanied by an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from a faculty/staff member authorizing the use of the account number.
Sending a File to the Plotter
DECS Support Office staff will send the file to the plotter. Files cannot be sent to the plotters directly by users. Users can either e-mail the file to email@example.com along with desired dimension, or visit the DECS Support Office at 1325 Engineering Building along with the file to preview the plot. DECS staff members prefer if users bring files to the Support Office so they can see what the final poster will look like before printing.