Outlook 2003 is installed as a part of Microsoft Office 2003.
- Start Outlook. A shortcut for Outlook is found at Start Menu > All Programs > Microsoft Office Tools.
- Click the Tools menu in the top task bar.
- Click on the double down arrows on the very bottom of this drop down menu to expand it. (image)
- Click E-mail Accounts. This will bring up a new window on which you can just click Next. (image)
- In the next window select the IMAP radio button then click Next. (image)
- In the following window enter your name, e-mail address, user name and password in the provided fields. Then enter mail.egr.msu.edu for both the ingoing and outgoing mail servers. (image)
- If you want Outlook to remember the password so you don't have to type it in every time you use the program, type your password into the field and leave the box checked. Otherwise, uncheck this box.
- After you have filled out the information, click the More Settings button.
- The new window this brings up will have tabs across the top. Select the Advanced tab and click the checkboxes under both incoming server and outgoing server to enable SSL. Also, change the Outgoing server (SMTP): port number from 25 to 465. (image)
- Now select the Outgoing Server tab and click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Verify the option Use same settings as my incoming server is selected. (image)
- Once that is done, click the Ok button on the Internet E-mail Settings window and the Next button on the E-mail Accounts window.
- At the last window, click Finish.
- In Outlook click on the Inbox of the account you wish to perform the subscriptions on. (image)
- Click on Tools and then click IMAP Folders... (image)
- Click the Query button to get a list of available folders. (image)
- Click on the folder you want to subscribe to (i.e.. spam) and click Subscribe. (image)
- Click Ok when you are done choosing your folders.