- In Finder, click on Go and then on Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address box, type smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/username where "username" is your engineering username.
- You will then be asked to authenticate to the network. Under the Name field enter egr\ followed by your engineering username. Enter your engineering password in the password field.
Drive Specific Instructions:
- Home Directory
- Home directory is personal space for each user
- Server address: smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/username
- "username" is your engineering username
- Office Directory
- Office is shared space setup for departmental groups
- Server Address: smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/office
- Research Directory
- Research is shared space setup for various research groups
- Server Address: smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/research
- DFS Directory
- DFS is a folder containing the other spaces listed above. Mapping it should eliminate the need to map any of the other network drives
- Server Address: smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/dfs
- Web Directory
- Web is shared space for various groups dedicated for web sites
- Server Address: smb://samba.egr.msu.edu/web
SFTP access to the same directories can be made using Fugu or another SFTP client. Use scully.egr.msu.edu for the server and your engineering credentials for username and password.