Server information you will need:
Username: Your engineering NetID
Password: Your engineering password
Incoming mail server: mail.egr.msu.edu
Incoming security: SSL
Outgoing mail server: mail.egr.msu.edu
Outgoing security: SSL
Outgoing port: 465
Below is a walkthrough using screen shots from a HTC Rezound with Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and HTC Sense. Your actual screen images may vary.
1. Open the Android Mail application.
2. If this is the first mail account being set up, a setup wizard should appear.
If this is not the first e-mail account setup on the phone, use the Menu button, select Settings and add a new account. Select Other for type of account as pictured below.
3. The new account dialog should be brought up. Select Manual setup.
4. Select IMAP as the protocol.
Hit Next once all of the above is completed.
5. The following steps configure outgoing mail.
6. Create a name for the account in the "Account name" field and include your name as you would like it to appear on outgoing e-mail in the "Your name" field. When you have finished entering the information, select Finish Setup and view your e-mail.