1. Right click and select Save link as for the .rdp file located below to launch the remote desktop client. Double click the file to open it.
2. Enter the name of the computer you are connecting to in the box provided and click Connect. Be sure to include the domain name, which is egr.msu.edu.
3. A prompt similar to the image below will display; click Connect to continue. If you will be connecting to this computer again and don't want to see the message, check the box for "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer".
4. Enter your entire engineering e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your engineering password. You must include your entire username or you will not be able to log in.
5. You might see a second credential prompt similar to the following if the computer you are connecting to uses different credentials. Once you supply valid credentials, you should be able to connect to the remote computer.
1. Install the Remmina client
Ubuntu/Debian: sudo apt-get install remmina
Fedora/CentOS: sudo yum install remmina-plugins-rdp
Arch: sudo pacman -S remmina
2. Open the remmina client.
3. Click the new remote desktop file button and enter a name for the connection.
4. Enter the hostname of the computer you want to connect to in the Hostname field.
5. Click on the SSH tab.
6. Check the box for Enable SSH tunnel.
7. Change the radio button for "SSH Serve" to Custom.
8. Enter scully.egr.msu.edu into the "Hostname" field.
9. Enter your engineering username in the "Username" field.
10. Press the Save button.
11. Double click on the connection you just saved.
12. Accept the certificate for scully.egr.msu.edu.
13. Enter your engineering password.
14. Enter your username and password for the computer.
If you are using your EGR account to log in, make sure you put "egr.msu.edu" in the "Domain" field.
Right click the file below and select Save link as to download it.
|Engineering Remote Desktop.rdp||2.38 KB|