Click the appropriate operating system link below for instructions.
Please contact the DECS Support Office if you have any questions or require assistance.
1. Right click and select Save link as for the .rdp file located below to launch the remote desktop client. Double click the file to open it.
2. Enter the name of the computer you are connecting to in the box provided and click Connect. Be sure to include the domain name, which is dhcp.egr.msu.edu
3. A prompt similar to the image below will display; click Connect to continue. If you will be connecting to this computer again and don't want to see the message, check the box for "Don't ask me again for connections to this computer".
4. Enter your entire engineering e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your engineering password.
5. You might see a second credential prompt similar to the following if the computer you are connecting to uses different credentials. Once you supply valid credentials, you should be able to connect to the remote computer.
1. Search the app store and install "Microsoft Remote Desktop". You will need the red icon. The Satellite Dish is old and will not work with the Gateway.
You need this one -> Not this one ->
2. Open the new remote desktop client.
3. Click the Gear symbol "Preferences", and click the + symbol to add a new gateway. Fill in the information to match the screenshot below, replacing "username" with your username.
4. Exit the window when all information is filled in.
5. Click the + symbol "New" to add a new remote connection. As before, fill in your information similar to the example provided below.
6. Exit the window when done and double click the connection to start the remote session.
Right click the file below and select Save link as to download it.