Obtain the MAC/Hardware Address of Your Network Card
NOTE: Microsoft and DECS are no longer supporting Windows XP. For more information regarding the end of XP support, click here. If you are still running Windows XP, please contact the DECS Support Office (353-8891, firstname.lastname@example.org) for options.
- Click Start.
- Select Run.
- Type cmd in the dialog box and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /all and press Enter.
- Record the physical address listed in the format 00-00-00-00-00-00
- From Finder select Go and then Utilities.
- Select the Network Utility.
- From the dropdown list, select the desired network adapter.
- The physical address is listed in the format 00:00:00:00:00:00
- Open a shell.
- Type /sbin/ifconfig eth0 | grep HWaddr
- The HWaddr is listed in the format 00:00:00:00:00:00