Getting Started--Running CoventorWare on the EGR Compute Servers
Editing Your .cshrc File
- Use SSH to connect to scully.egr.msu.edu using your EGR username and password. For more information about SSH, click here.
- The .cshrc should be in the home directory of scully. You can view all files in this directory by typing the command:
- Add the three lines below to your .cshrc file by using your favorite text editor (emacs, vim, nano etc) and adding them to what is already in the file. Please note that your .cshrc file may contain other data.
- if (-e $SOFT/mti) then
- source $SOFT/mti
- Save the file, and then use SSH to connect to one of the engineering compute servers.
- Now, type source .cshrc into the command prompt.
Running the Program
- To run the program, type coventorware into the command prompt.
- Since this software is written in Java, it might take a few minutes for it to initalize and open. The following window will display when it finishes initalizing:
You can leave all the settings as they are or you can change the Design_Files names. Click OK for it to install the user settings. After the user settings are done, it will display in the Open window. From this window, click New Project to start a new project.
Enter a project name and click OK. It will create a new project for you.
Your project will then appear in the Open dialog. Click the Open button to open this new project.
You will be taken to the main screen where you can begin developing your design.
For further help on how to use this software, please refer to the Help within the program.
You can also find out more about this software at: http://www.coventor.com