Please note, support for Windows XP ends April of 2014. Please find more information here.
1. In the start menu, click the Control Panel shortcut.
2. In the Control Panel window, click Switch to Classic View. If the text reads Switch to Category View, then you are already in Classic View and can skip to the next step.
3. In the Control Panel window, double-click the Network Connections shortcut.
4. In the Network Connections window, right-click on the appropriate wireless network connection, and select View Available Wireless Networks.
5. In the Wireless Network Connection window, select EGR Wi-Fi or EGR Wi-Fi WPA2 and then click Connect.
The password for connecting to EGR Wi-Fi WPA2 is engineering.
6. In the Wireless Network Connection warning dialog, click Connect Anyway.
7. The Wireless Network Connection window will first indicate a status of Acquiring Network Address for EGR Wi-Fi and a few seconds later will indicate a status of Connected. You are now connected to EGR Wi-Fi and can close the window by clicking the red X in the upper right-hand corner.
8. First time users will need to follow the instructions for Network Bouncer to register for full Internet access.
Data sent over the EGR Wi-Fi network is unencrypted. Although the MSU and EGR Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) protect the privacy of users, it is strongly recommended that users do not view or send sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, etc. to/from sites that do not use encryption. Make sure applications and sites take proper security measures to protect sensitive information, i.e. the prefix https:// is in the URL and the security lock or key is present in the bottom corner of the web browser.
The instructions provided below are for a default configuration of Windows XP Service Pack 2. If you have modified the default behavior or are using another operating system, the steps might be different, but the information and configuration options described below should be useful. If, after following the instructions, you need further assistance or if you have other concerns regarding this page, please contact the Support Office.