DECS Welcomes You to Our Full-Service Operation
The Division of Engineering Computing Services (DECS) provides information technology services and support for the faculty, staff, students and guests of the College of Engineering at Michigan State University. We are committed to providing innovative technology tools to support the research, instructional, administrative and academic missions of the College.
- Maintained equipment is available for check-out--such as laptops, digital cameras, and projectors.
- Print quota, poster printing and lamination, or miscellaneous computer parts are available for purchase through the DECS Store
- We manage and support several computing labs and instructional classrooms throughout the college, providing users with the option of using either a PC or UNIX based system.
- An extensive software listing is available to our users and can be found on our Software page.
- We provide web development and multimedia support using a number of popular applications. Browse our Projects page for a view of what has been accomplished.
- DECS networking services are offered to supported members of the engineering computing community-- including the Engineering Building and other remote sites.
- Wired and wireless networking is available in the Engineering Building, the Engineering Research Complex, the Jolly Road facility and the Civil Infrastructure Lab. A firewall maintained by DECS protects susceptible computers in the Engineering Building and other remote locations from potential internet harm. Questions regarding your office, home or wireless network are welcomed.
- Other services offered: LANs, WANs, storage, backups, software, mobile computing, virtualization and multimedia, programming development, web site design and creation, walk-in support, printing services, hardware purchasing, repairs, recycling, salvaging and much more!
Walk-in, telephone or e-mail your computing requests or questions to our Support Office. Hours of operation for the Support Office vary depending on the time of year, with extended evening hours during fall and spring semesters.
Take advantage of the many services DECS has to offer!