Neeraj Buch, Ph.D., FACI
Professor & Chairperson
Civil and Environmental Engineering
3556 Engineering Building
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 432-0012
Fax: (517) 355-0250
- Civil Engineering Materials
- Pavement Design and Analysis
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- Material Characterization
- Characterization of Traffic for the New M-E Pavement
Design Guide in Michigan, sponsored by the Michigan Department
- Effective Experimental Design and Data Analysis in Transportation
Research, sponsored by the National Cooperative Highway
- Evaluation of the 1-37A Design Process for New and Rehabilitated
Jointed and Asphalt Concrete Pavements, sponsored by the
Michigan Department of Transportation.
- Quantifying Coefficient of Thermal Expansion Values
of Typical Hydraulic Cement Concrete Paving Mixtures,
sponsored by the Michigan Department of Transportation.
Dr. Buch’s interests
are in the area of concrete pavement design, rehabilitation, non-destructive
testing of pavements, and composite materials. His research focuses on the
development of rut and fatigue prediction models for flexible pavements design.
He is involved in developing crack deterioration algorithms for rigid
pavements. His other research interests include development of rehabilitation
strategies,and study of recyclable materials in portland cement concrete and
Texas A&M University: Ph.D., Pavements and Materials
Awards and Honors:
- MSU Alumni Club Mid-Michigan Quality in Undergraduate Teaching Award,
- 1st Place LTPP/ASCE paper entry, 2002
- Withrow Award for Teaching Excellence, 2001
- Michigan State University-Teacher Scholar Award, 2000
- James M. Robbins Excellence in Teaching Award for the Great Lakes
- William M. Bradley Award for Outstanding Faculty Member, 1997, 98,
99, 2004, 2005
- Prabhu, M., Varma, A., and Buch, N., "Experimental
and analytical Investigations of the Mechanistic Effects
of Dowel Misalignments in Jointed Concrete Pavements,"
Journal of the Transportation Research Board, TRR
2037, Washington, D.C., December, 2007.
- Buch, N., VanDam, T., Peterson, K., and Sutter, L.,
"Evaluation of High-Early Strength PCC Mixtures
Used in Full Depth Repairs," Journal of Construction
and Building Materials, November, 2007.
- Waqar, S., Chatti, K., Buch, N., Lyles, R., Pulipaka,
A., and Gilliland, D., "Statistical Analysis of
In-Service Pavement Performance Data for LTPP SPS-1 and
SPS-2 Experiments," Journal of Transportation
Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineering,
Volume 133, No. 6, pp. 378-388, June, 2007.
- Chatti, K., Waqar, S., Buch, N., Lyles, R., Pulipaka,
A., and Gilliland, D., "Effect of Design and Site
Factors on the Long-Term Performance of Flexible Pavements,"
Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities,
American Society of Civil Engineering, Volulme 21,
No. 4, August, 2007.
- Buch, N., Pulipaka, A., Chatti, K., Waqar, S., Lyles,
R., and Gilliland, D., "Network-Level Evaluation
of SPS-2 Experiment Using STPP Database," Journal
of the Transportation Research Board, TRR 1947, Washington,
D.C., October, 2006.