Graduate applicants must do the following:
1. Complete the online Michigan State University application form.
Completion requires an application fee of $50.00 US. The MSU code for the PhD program is 0501, and the MSU code for the MS program is 0502. The following must be included with your Michigan State University application:
- An official copy of your Graduate Record Examination (General Test). Codes: 1465 for MSU, 1602 for Biosystems Engineering.
- An official copy of your TOEFL Scores for applicants from countries where the official language is not English. Codes: 1465 for MSU, 31 for Biosystems Engineering.
- A "Statement of Financial Proof and Affidavit of Support" if you are an international student and can provide for your own support as a graduate student http://grad.msu.edu/apply/docs/finproof.pdf.
- A written Statement of Purpose explaining your area of interest and reasons for seeking a graduate degree in Biosystems Engineering.
- Note: The Office of Admissions is requiring that effective January 1, 2014, Michigan State University will require all applicants pursuing or who have earned degrees from universities in China submit not only transcripts and graduation certificates from China, but also obtain verification of these documents from the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). See instructions at http://admissions.msu.edu/admission/international_requirements.asp.
2. Submit the following documents to the Department of Biosystems Engineering
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, completed by instructors or supervisors familiar with your work. Use the "Letter of Recommendation for Admission Form".
- Official copies of transcripts from all previous universities attended.
- Current CV/Resume
Michigan State University
Department of Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering
216 Farrall Hall
East Lansing, MI 48824-1323