Chris Saffron, Ph.D.
Joint with the Department of Forestry
204 Farrall Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1323
- BE 351 - Environmental Thermodynamics
- BE 230 - Engineering Analysis of Biological Systems
- BE 467 - Bioenergy Feedstock Production
- BE 468 - Biomass Conversion Engineering
- BE 469 - Sustainable Bioenergy Systems
- Thermochemical conversion of biomass to fuels and chemicals.
Active Research Projects:
- Bio-oil tan reduction by selection amongst native warm-season grasses to promote biomass densification by pyrolysis.
- Woody biomass conversion to value-added chemicals using fast pyrolysis and catalysis.
- Transforming and densifying biomass in the Regional Biomass Processing Center (RBPC).