Wendy Powers, Ph.D.
Environmental Stewardship Director
2209G Anthony Hall
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1323
Diet modification as a mitigation strategy for odor and gaseous emissions and manure nutrient excretions. Post-excretion strategies to reduce environmental impact of livestock production.
Development and implementation of solutions to minimize the impact of animal agriculture on the environment. Programs focus on air quality practices, regulatory activity, and a whole-systems approach to environmental accountability.
- Oxygen consumption and energy digestibility of soybean meal and corn or corn co-product diets fed to grow-finish swine. National Pork Board.
- Influence of corn co-products on air emissions and nutrient excretions from grow-finish swine. National Pork Board.
- Dietary effects on laying hen emissions. Iowa Egg Council.
- Source reduction and mitigations strategies for air emissions from turkeys, laying hens, and growing cattle. USDA NRICGP.
- Modeling emissions from animal agriculture. USDA NRICGP.