Admission to the Master of Science (MS) Program
To be admitted to the MS program in Biosystems Engineering, an applicant must have:
- A grade-point average not lower than 3.00 for the final two years of the undergraduate program, or standing in the upper quarter of the graduate class in the student's major.
- A bachelor's degree, either:
- from an accredited program in engineering, or
- from a related science-oriented program in which the applicant has shown very high academic achievement, as certified by the department. Also, applicants should have completed the mathematics requirement (calculus through partial differential equations) for a bachelor's degree in engineering.
Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program
To be admitted to the PhD program in Biosystems Engineering, an applicant should have a master's degree and must:
- Have either a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a master's degree in engineering.
- Demonstrate evidence of ability and resolution to complete a doctoral program, as attested by the department upon review of the applicant's academic record, test scores, experience, reference statements, professional qualifications, proposed studies, and other relevant information.
Admission to the doctoral program without a master's degree, or the equivalent thereof, requires special approval by the department.